...And you may ask yourself
- What is that beautiful house? And you may ask yourself - Where does that highway go? And you may ask yourself - Am I right? ...am I wrong? And you may tell yourself - My God!...what have I done? (Talking Heads, 1980)

Nine years ago Mark and I set off on a journey. It was a journey that would embed the children of China into our hearts forever and teach us that God's plan is WAY better than our plan. It has been a journey into faith, obedience and abundant blessings. Over the past nine years we have seen God's hand at work in our lives as we traveled through the wilderness in search of His plan for our lives upon this earth. In April of this year God revealed the next chapter of the Lucas story. Join us as we embark once again on another leg in this Marvelous expedition.
5.11.2010

5 days post - op

I always knew that Mikey was scrappy and tough.  I guess what i didn't realize was how scrappy and tough he is.  Yesterday, I heard a little knock on our bedroom door and there he was.  He had scooted himself out of his room and was sitting there with a big smile on his face.

Later, he was scooting around and the next thing I see is him coming up the stairs.  He was insistent that he could do it.  I thought he would get about 2 steps and start to hurt but he kept going.




I still have to pull the reigns back a little on him so that he doesn't do too much too fast.  He really, really, really wanted to go to school today but I think we will wait one more day.

 
 

3 comments:

julieb said...

OMG, What a totally amazing little boy he is.He brought tears to my eyes. What a kid.
Julie and Linnea Panda Pals

Melanie & David said...

Wow - he is hardy and tough. How amazing. I also could hear him speaking very clearly about not needing help - amazing how well he is already speaking. Melanie

Vicki said...

He is awesome! I am sorry I didn't know about the surgery until I just checked your blog. I am so happy all is going so well.
vicki (Lily's mom)

Post a Comment