...And you may ask yourself
- What is that beautiful house? And you may ask yourself - Where does that highway go? And you may ask yourself - Am I right? ...am I wrong? And you may tell yourself - My God!...what have I done? (Talking Heads, 1980)

Nine years ago Mark and I set off on a journey. It was a journey that would embed the children of China into our hearts forever and teach us that God's plan is WAY better than our plan. It has been a journey into faith, obedience and abundant blessings. Over the past nine years we have seen God's hand at work in our lives as we traveled through the wilderness in search of His plan for our lives upon this earth. In April of this year God revealed the next chapter of the Lucas story. Join us as we embark once again on another leg in this Marvelous expedition.
5.05.2010

Bye Bye Flippers

We had to be back at the hospital this morning at 6 am so last night the girls went to stay with my sister.  It was a tearful goodbye for Mikey since this was the first time that he was away from them.  5 minutes after they left he wanted to call them and say goodnight again and he told each one that he loved them.  I think he was more concerned about them being gone than he was about what was happening the next day.

After we arrived at the hospital they began the process of getting him ready for surgery.  Mikey did not care for the breezy gown he was given and insisted that it was for girls.  We had a couple of minutes to talk and he started to show the first signs of a little bit of fear. He said goodbye to his flippers (that is what he calls his feet) for the last time.   I could tell he wanted to cry, but wanted to show us he was brave. We told him it was ok to be a little scared - but he kept his chin up the whole time.   I am so proud of the courage he is showing.  I doubt I would have the grace he showed if it were me. 

The happy juice he was given began to kick in quickly and soon he didn't really care if he had a girl gown on or not.  He got pretty silly and before we knew it - it was time to say goodbye.  The anesthesiologist came in and Mikey looked him right in the eye and said "ready!" and off he went. (I'm sure the happy juice helped with that..)
 

Happy juice makes me smile



Ready to go....

Mikey will be in surgery for about another 2 hours 6 hours.  Will keep you all updated.  Thank you again to everyone for all the prayers.  They are felt and greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

bugs parents said...

Thanks for the updates! We'll keep praying for everyone.

I can't believe how big he has gotten. He looks like a young man in the pictures!

April said...

Praying...how did the surgery go?

Post a Comment